When it comes to features, iOS 14 is not offering any big changes, but it has a lot of of small tweaks here and there which have added a great value to the iOS user experience.
The Big Tech company, Apple Inc. is a multinational company founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne on April 1, 1976. This is a multinational company present worldwide and its origin is in Cupertino, California. This American company is a technology industry that serves the computer hardware, computer software, cloud computing, semiconductors, media, consumer electronics, artificial intelligence, financial technology, and silicon design.
Many products are produced by this company, and some of which are iPod, iPhone, iPad, Macintosh, Apple Watches as well as Apple TV, Shazam, Siri, and much more. It provides various services like the Apple Music, Apple News, Apple Play, Apple Books, iCloud, iMessage, and the list follows on.
The company that started with 1000 employees has now being engaged with about 137000 employees, producing revenue of 260 billion dollars.
Even though Apple is the fastest growing technology, it had faced a downfall to earth at times during the 1990s. But it regained its structure in 1997, by showing the recovery strategy of its failed OS. Followed by the opening of about 511 retailed Apple stores around the world, its annual revenue has increased sincerely that day.
Apple is the third-largest manufacturer company of mobile phones, while Samsung takes the first and Huawei takes the second place. More than 2 billion mobile phones are actively in use by the consumers of the world.
As of the year 2011, October 5, the founder of Apple Inc. has died and marked the end of an era. But, Jobs has stated in his biography about the reinvention of education and textbooks. So after the death of Jobs, iBook introduced in the year 2012. Thus, the new releases are done by Apple, and one of its major invention that shows its creativeness is Siri — a software assistant.
iOS 14 Features — About
The internet, individual, instruct, inform or inspire operating system of Apple Inc. has reached the fourteenth and its major release for its iPad and iPhones.
The release of iOS 14 was announced on September 16, 2020. So on the major success of its iOS 13 software used by its iPhones, launched on June 22, 2020, this fourteenth iOS release is closed with an open-source components source model.
- The 14.0.1 (18A393) was released, which has 14.2 (18B5061e) beta 2 previews.
- iOS 14 has Hybrid (XNU) kernel type support which preceded by iOS 13.
- Touch which is both multi-touch and GUI is its default user interface.
- A license is a proprietary software with open-source components.
Updates of iOS 14 Features
- The iOS 14 was released on September 16, 2020, which was followed by the first beta developer iOS 14, released on June 22, 2020, and the public beta released on July 9, 2020.
- First release with a version number 14.0 having build number 18A373.
- On, the updated version of 14.0.1 with build number 18A393 disclosed on September 14, 2020, which fixes the main bug that continuously resets the default browser and mail settings after restarting the device.
- September 29, 2020, the version 14.2 beta 2 versions disclosed with a build number of 18B5061e, such that it has introduced a Shazam toggle, improved media controls, a new technique of detecting faces in the magnifier app and many updates were made.
iOS 14 Features – details
- App clips are one such system feature and this has restrictions of having OS permissions. It is a dynamic feature and this is discovered by the NFC tags with newer versions of iPhones. They can be shared via wireless medium tools.
- The amazing feature of iOS 14 is the Car keys, where a car can be accessed from iPhone, using NFC technology but the system must be compatible to use such features. One such compatible car is a BMW 5 series. Security is enabled and restrictions have applied to this feature. Now, what’s stopping you from having an iPhone with iOS 14.
- Widgets play a major role in the customization of the display of mobile phones. These widgets should be fitted with the icons on the screen and this is a major change in iOS 14. This automatically shows the required and well-suited widget for the icons on the screen.
- Compact UI reduces the visible space occupied by apps in front or the back. The memory and the space occupied by these apps or the voice calling phases are highly reduced. One can watch YouTube videos on minimizing the YouTube app and this is much more relevant to this version of the operating system.
- Of the most important feature is the privacy feature, and the private info is observed in the App Store and one can know what permission an app does require before downloading. The information is not exchanged between the apps and it is the default.
- The feature includes the emoji keyboard that has been updated with the beta 2 version with a search bar in it. New emoji and emoji were added to this. By double-tapping the back of the device, this will help to perform various tasks with the help of the phone’s accelerometer. Shortcuts of NFC tags may be added on the home screen when it is not identified.
- The camera app, many more updates were made, like the QR code reading technology is enabled. Also, large volumes of photos and videos can be captured with volume buttons. Also, night mode capture is enabled for user experience.
- The exciting feature is FaceTime, where it supports the picture-in-picture mode. It supports the visibility of other people, and he when switches between various apps.
- The home app has undergone many changes that make it look solid, while the Apple TV, or the HomePod and the security cameras can be put on alert by the user activity on phone.
- The Apple Maps has updated and it provides with cycle routes and does provide elevation information and also the staircases.
Imagine this feature on normal android phones. This iOS 14 is beyond expectations, right? These features are incredible and one loves these features and is sufficient to upgrade to the new iOS 14 version.